Further to the additional health and safety measures announced yesterday, Playground will be making operational changes in response to the growing public health concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19).
Effective immediately, Playground will:
- Cancel our weekend Brunch Buffet as well as our Oyster Night and Sweet Weekends promotions;
- Suspend massage services;
- Suspend all poker tournaments;
- Move cash game activity to the tournament hall and limit total volume to 20 tables;
- Separate foot traffic into two different corridors, one for poker players and the other for EGD players;
- Introduce a screening questionnaire regarding recent travel, contact with others and any potential symptoms for anyone who enters the building;
- Screening for temperature using non-invasive infrared thermometers at all our entrances;
- Cap the capacity of all spaces to a maximum of 250 people, keeping in line with the suggestion of not having more than 250 people in close proximity, within a single closed area.
The health and safety of Playground’s staff, players and community remains our foremost concern. These changes in operations will be instituted swiftly and maintained as long as the situation warrants. Senior management will continue to meet on a daily basis to assess changes in the situation.