The health and safety of our staff, players and community is Playground’s top priority. We anticipate that many people may have questions and concerns about our response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are closely monitoring local developments and managing the situation carefully so that everyone will continue to feel confident when they visit us.
Canadian public health authorities advise that the overall risk to Canadians remains low, however, Playground will be undertaking several measures to make sure everyone will be able to continue to play safely. This includes:
- Daily meetings by a senior management team to assess changes in the situation;
- A dedicated staff member at the entrances administering a mandatory hand sanitizing for everyone entering the premise;
- Deploying additional hand sanitizer dispensers around the property for player and staff use;
- Adding signs that encourage patrons to wash hands in all bathrooms;
- Implementing additional hygiene and safety measures for all food service staff;
- Increasing the resources of the custodial team to facilitate disinfecting high-contact areas such as door handles, counters, table bumpers, machines, and other surfaces on a regular basis;
- Cleaning poker chips on a daily basis and rotating the chip sets in use;
- Changing out card decks on a more frequent basis, and upon demand;
- Providing disinfectant wipes to all players and staff so they may clean their devices, play area or personal space if desired;
- Encouraging guests who are ill to seek medical attention and to avoid public exposure as much as possible;
- Any employee that appears to be suffering from flu-like symptoms will be asked to promptly seek medical attention and to remain at home until they are free of symptoms;
- Providing latex gloves to all players and staff upon request;
In addition to the above, all employees returning from travel will be self-isolated at home for up to 21 days as a preventative measure.
Playground greatly appreciates the continued loyalty and support of its players, staff and community. We want to provide peace of mind to all those who visit us and will continue to monitor this situation on a daily basis and update our response accordingly.